Saturday, May 17, 2008

About This Blog

Hello!

My name is Crystal and I am the program director of an amazing ministry called Helping Hats of Indianapolis. I am also a member of New Life Community Church on the northwest side of Indianapolis.

After starting our Helping Hats blog, I felt led to start a personal blog as well. I think blogging is a great way to connect with other Christians and to see all that God is doing in our lives and in our communities.

Things I am passionate about:
  • Children's Ministry - in particular leading children to Christ and providing them with a strong Biblical foundation.
  • Discipleship - one-on -one discipleship with young women seeking to grow in their relationship with Christ.
  • Being Discipled - studying with mentors who help me grow in my faith.
  • Scripture Memorization - "I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you" (Psalm 119:11).
  • Evangelism - sharing my faith and living a life of action.
  • Indianapolis - I love my city and want to see it become a city on fire for the Lord.
  • The Local Church - I believe the local church is the hope of our community, through the power of Jesus Christ.
  • The Multi-cultural Body - I support the de-segregation of Sunday mornings and think our churches should reflect heaven in their worship and their composition.

Things I struggle with:

  • Walking by faith and not by sight.
  • Loving God with my mind.
  • Seeking God with my WHOLE heart.
  • Being still and knowing that He is God.
  • Balancing work, ministry, my personal relationship with Christ, and supporting my husband.
  • Discouragement when times are hard.
  • Submitting to my husband.
  • Worry, fear, and doubt.

I was raised as an IFB - Independent Fundamentalist Baptist. I thank God that I was brought up in a Bible-believing church where I was taught the Word of God from a young age. I currently sit under a great pastor and my understanding of theology and my own faith is growing all the time. I believe in the the Holy Trinity, the deity of Christ, and the inerrancy of Scripture. I believe in salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, not by works so that none can boast. I would probably best be categorized as a Reformed Baptist, but my allegiance is not to a denomination or title, but to Jesus Christ.

The title of this blog is based on one of my "life scriptures," Acts 20:24. Aside from Jesus himself, one of my role models for Christian living is the apostle Paul. I strive to have the radical obedience to Christ that Paul had. I strive to be content in my situation. I am moved by his passion for the gospel.

That's me. I look forward to learning more about YOU, and growing in Him together!

No comments: